fan only works when switch on blower is set to on on blower

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

garfield63

Hi i have an Intertherm E1EH-015HA the blower only works when switch on blower is set to on on the blower. when in the auto position you can here a click from furnace when you set t-sat to fan
on. condenser works fine and cycles normaly just fan wont come on when condenser kicks on so ive just let blower run continous
the last few days. thanks
Robert

Hi,

Sounds like it is a bad Blower Relay if your unit has one, probably does.

Blower Relay # 621867 @ $13.53 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered from here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Scroll down left side to locate, click on pic for enlarged view.

The switch on blower you refer to I am supposing is the switch, one of two, on the front of control box attached to blower housing ?

Did this just start happening suddenly ?

Do you have just two wires connected at t-stat ?

It would have to be set to AUTO at t-stat and/or furnace to work automaticly.

If needed and interested in above, please add to cart and order through

PayPal or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
garfield63

Hi yes thats the switch well its on a box by the breakers for furnace
says auto/on and a 4 wire t-stat and yes it just started happening
suddenly by the time i notice it the evap was iced over thanks again for your help
Robert

Hi,

Sounds like it is indeed the blower relay. If you have a meter and feel comfortable testing it, you can set t-stat to COOL-AUTO-65*.

Set furnace switch to AUTO.

Test blower relay for 24vac across 1and 3.

If you have 24-28vac, then set meter for 240vac testing.

Test across 2 and 4 for 240vac.

IF you read 24-28vac at 1and 3 AND read 240vac at 2and 4, replace it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
garfield63

Hello again there is no fan relay on this unit it has a circuit board exactly like this one
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 624625.jpg
and But the part# 624-5680 you can feel and hear the relay click thats on the board when t-stat is set to cool 60* and fan switch
set to auto on t-stat or just by setting fan to on on t-stat

the fan will also come on in heat cycle if that makes a difference
Robert

Hi,

Ok, that is the board, it has a new number.

Trace the cooling wire (look at wiring diagram) from motor back to the board.

Also, locate common wire (usually orange) from breaker/sequencer straight to molex plug.

Disconnect molex plug and test across those two with t-stat set at COOL-AUTO-65* .

See if you read 240vac ?

If not, do you have 24vac and 240vac coming into it ?

Thanks,
Robert
garfield63

Howdy again no 240 volts at plug and there is 24 vac to board
orange is com and yellow is hi all other wires from blower motor
are not conected just tye wraped together ie blue,red,black
looks like they use a seqencer to turn blower on and off. the switch
on/auto has one black wire 240 cont and one yellow both come off one of the sequencer and no 24v to sequencer in cool cycle.
the yellow wire from f-motor to center term on switch.
but the sequencer does close in heat cycle. is the board suppose to close that sequencer to turn on fan

thanks for your help
David
Robert

Hi David,

Did you unplug the wires hasrness from board and test the board for the 240vac ?

Find the two corresponding pins on board to the orange and yellow wires, then test to see if 240vac is coming out from the board.

In a/c mode, that board turns on the motor.

In heat mode, the sequencer turns on the motor.

The sequencer has nothing to do with the a/c side of things..

You should have 240vac coming into the board. Also, 24vac coming into the board on call for cooling from t-stat.

Relay on board closes and sends that 240vac through relay and out of the board to the motor.

IF the 240vac is there at board and the 24vac is entering with the call for cooling from t-stat, BUT then that 240vac does not come out of the board at the orange and yellow wire pins to go into the harness, the board is bad.

Be sure it IS getting the 240vac input and when t-stat is set at HEAT-AUTO-85*, that the 24vac signal arrives also.

IF those two are there, then the 240vac should be at output pins . Unplug the harness molex plug and test at those pins on the board out put for 240vac.

Thanks,
Robert
garfield63

Hi Robert
There isnt any wires to take 240vac to board there are only 4 wires
going to the board 2 from transformer red and brown they have 24vac and blue and black are hooked to base of 2 different sequencers and they just loop the other 4 wires to other plug on board . I uploaded a picture of plugs on board

None of the blower motor wires go to board both tap off two Differant sequencers orange on line side of one and yellow on switched side of another
must be wired different than other systems nothing has been changed it looks like they use the sequenser as a contactor for blower even on cool cycle but dont energize the heat coils so apperently they only use one speed for both heat and cool since
only the commond (orange) and (yellow) Hi speed wire
no other wires from motor are connected to anything

and i no 24vac at bottom of seqencer that yellow wire. thanks

David
Robert

Hi David,

Did you buy the new board ?

Have you owned this home and/or unit since it was brand new ?

A lot of these posts didn't make sense, but with MH units, this is often normal.

This case however may have gotten a lot clearer with your last post.

Your furnace did not originally come with that board.

I feel that whoever installed the a/c, did not have correct components or did not know how things went or both and thus what you got is what you have.

Can it work, yes it can. However, when a problem arises, it can be hard on a Tech (me,LOL) due to not being there.

Send any pics you can take to me at:

[email protected] and I'll see if I can straighten this out for you.

IF you did not buy the board and are willing, we can probably get you hooked up with correct parts for less money actually.

I have 28 years in this trade and actually have an E2EH-015HA in my home, which is the very next series after yours.

So, send any pics or info to my email and I'll look it over and respond back here.

Your surmise of how you feel it was done sounds likely and has been done before, even by me.

The difference is I did it temporarily to keep family cool until I returned with correct components.

Thanks,
Robert
garfield63

Hi Robert

Im still here just havent had time to do anything but think about it
I drive truck so im only home 3-4 days a week +or-

couldnt i just wire in a blower relay Blower Relay # 621867 and tap into same two 24vac wires that turn condenser unit on. to term 1&3 and run blower off term 2 & 4

just a thought

David
Robert

Hi David,

Didn't I email you about doing that and also wrote about that in my last reply.

ALL you need with a 4 wire t-stat to run blower for a/c is a blower relay.

Did your furnace evr just have a 2 wire t-stat ?

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

That is IF you have the power. The SAME circuit that turns the blower on in the Fan ON Continous mode also turns it on in a/c Auto.

You run a wire from common side of transformer secondary (24V side) to blower relay #3.

Then a wire from t-stat G to blower relay #1.

With a call for cooling OR continous fan, 1 and 3 energize and 5/6 open and 2/4 close sending power from 4 to motor HI speed.

Thanks,
Robert
garfield63

Yes it has a 4 wire t-stat ok Thanks I will give it a try

David
Robert

Look at sequencer M1/M2, locate the input/output sides of those two.

Run a wire from the OUTPUT of M1/M2 over to blower relay #5 .

Run a wire from INPUT over to relay # 2

Run a wire from motor heat speed (lo or med. lo) to relay #6 .

Run a wire from motor cooling speed (hi) to relay # 4 .

That's that part.

Thanks,
Robert