Nordyne M1B1 furnace issue - thermostat c wire not hooked up correctly. It's running off atteries instead

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Tallestt

I need wiring instruction from thermostat to furnace on my nordyne M1MB gas furnace. A friend hooked it up for me, but there are only 3 wires - red,green,white going to corresponding wires and 2 -yellow, blue he didn't connect to anything. I'm pretty sure the grey (c) wire in the furnace should be hooked up to the yellow wire but I want to make sure because Google is just confusing me and the manual is too hard for me to follow on a cell phone. That and I don't want to fry myself. 62 yr old female DIY-er can do, but need a little help here...
taurolyon

I just did a thermostat on an M1MB (no AC). The C wire connects to the grey wire in the furnace. The thermostat instructions state it is commonly the blue wire.

The electrical schematic is on the inside of the circuit board cover panel. (Caution, line power is in this panel. Turn off the breaker before opening).