Blower continues to run in low speed when air is off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

felise

Hello,
I'm having some issues with the blower on my AC. I can't find the model # but it reads Intertherm on the front cover and the blower and coil read Nordyne on them. It's in a mid 90's Palm Harbor manufactured home. It's a total electric split system.

The blower runs all of the time except that when I turn the air off at the thermostat, the blower speed slows down to about half speed. The only way that I can shut off the blower is to shut off the breaker. It just started doing this yesterday.

Any ideas what I should check first?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the model # E1EB-015HA
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a stuck contact on your Blower Relay.

To test, locate relay and test across terminals 1 and 3 for 24vac.

You should read 0vac .

Then test across 2 and 4 for 240vac .

You should read 240vac.

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Blower Relay # 621867 @ $13.53 + $6.75 shipping

Scroll down left side to locate, click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, please add item to cart and order through PayPal or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
felise

Thanks Robert. I found one of your old post about testing the relay which I did and sure enough, it's bad.

Thanks again for the help!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad you found the problem.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?