Furnace not heating up

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

clsmatHH

The Nordyne furnace in my mobile home is running but not heating up. I bought the home in May, this is the first I’ve run the heat (A/C has worked great all summer, office said the furnace was heating up fine Jan thru March). Handyman from my mobile home community took a look. It’s running, but a yellow flashing light above green light indicates not enough gas pressure coming in. He says it runs a bit then shuts off, that is why I’m at least staying around 40 degrees in the home, but it is cool air coming out of the vents. I had gas company come out. Gas pressure is accurate coming into my home and on the gas pipe coming into the furnace itself. The furnace has a “converter” box mounted in front. It has a red-orange switch on a curve off the left edge of the box that was set to “on.” If you push button in a set to “off” there is no change in the heat.
Handyman explained that converter is for converting from propane (higher pressure input) to natural gas (lower pressure). Might there be a setting or switch that isn’t set correctly?
I have a repair service scheduled for this Fri, but would like to understand more before they arrive and fix if I can myself.
Nordyne model # is M1MB070ABW. Serial #M1A061202463
Converter box reads:
Robert Shaw
7200DERC
703D3F546
24 VAC 0.35 Amp full wave
68C
And 491 is embossed in the metal of the box.