Double Log-in

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

LynnieCheb

For the past couple of days I've had to log in twice before the site would recognize who I was (after enough Coors Lights, I don't recognize who I am either, but that's a whole 'nother story). And once logged in, I'm not getting the yellow folders showing new responses.

:?:

Lynnie C.
Yanita

Hi Lynnie,

Not really sure what the problem is...I have checked all your settings and everything seems to be in order there.

The site itself has gone down a few times recently, I wonder if your double login is corresponding to that time.

I know that I have gone thru the same recently after the site has gone down. Also if you clean the cookies in your computer it will act the same way.

If you continue to have trouble let me know and I will get someone more computer savvy than I, which LOL, does take take much, LOL.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Logging in twice happens to me all the time. Haven't figured out what's causing that or how to fix it.

I do know that there are now updates to this program, but I'm almost half scared to try installing them as for the most part, the forum works pretty well.

At the moment my biggest pet peeve is many of you do not get forum replies e-mailed to you. Long story as to why, but we're working on it.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Thanks for the update Mark,

yup, LOL, I am one of those many that have never gotten an email reply! :?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
LynnieCheb

Thanks for checking, Yanita and Mark. Since everything looks good for my settings, I'll just keep logging twice and trust that you'll eventually find the problem and fix things. Given what life can deal us, having to log in twice is WAY down on my list of things to get upse about .....

I know what you mean about the updates, Mark. We used to joke at the last place I worked that "update" was another word for "customers debugging the program". Sometimes it's just better to leave well enough alone...........

Lynnie C.
bilbar25

I guess I would ask, "Why log out"?

I never log out, hence I've never had any log in problems! :?

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
LynnieCheb

Force of habit from the really old computer days when you had to shut everything down before turning off the computer or you ended up with a desktop of mush. :?

And before anyone asks, yes, I do turn off my computer after every session - personally I seem to run into fewer system conflicts if I let her rest.

You know what they say about old dogs and such............

Lynnie C.
dandjbarrett

I have to log in twice most of the time. Yesterday I was tickled pink because I only had to log in once. Today, its the double log in thing again. :?:
Mark
Site Admin

I'm looking into why that double log-in happens. It only happens with some people. So once I figure out why, I'll be sure to pass along the info or make the fix.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!