mac, uploading photo with post

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

solveg

I see the "IMG" button at the top, but when I press it, I only get the word (IMG) put at the bottom of my post.

Is it a mac thing or is there something I'm missing?

solveg
Solveg, near Wichita KS, 1985 Fleetwood "Oak Knoll" Single wide, 14x80. No renovation experience.
gram2logan

To insert an image in your post, you have to put the entire link like this: [img]http://image_url[/img]

In other words, the image has to be already on a website that you can link to. As far as I know, you can't just insert an image from your computer into a post. You have to use your profile for that.
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Yanita

Hi,

When you are replying to a post, do you have the upload icon directly under the Img and URL?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Hi Solveg,

We recently had another member that could not post a pic. I went in and checked your settings, you should now have the "upload picture" icon in the reply box.

~Yanita~
JD
Site Admin

When I first tried to upload an image from my pc to the post, I clicked the image tag, did the browse/upload, clicked send and thought that was all I had to do. Tried a couple of times before I realized I had to click standard (or was it normal) in the next pop-up window.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
gram2logan

Okay, I'm confused. All I have is an icon that says Img. If I click on it, this is what I get: [img] Nothing else.

Am I supposed to be able to upload pictures from my pc? That would be nice. Please explain why I can't do that if it's supposed to be possible!

Thanks.
Yanita

When you are replying to a post or creating a new one do you have a "upload picture" icon directly underneath the Img icon...

~Yanita~
gram2logan

When you are replying to a post or creating a new one do you have a "upload picture" icon directly underneath the Img icon...
No, there is no "upload picture" icon underneath the Img icon. Now what??
solveg

I have an "upload picture" button now, but I didn't before...

thanks!

solveg
Solveg, near Wichita KS, 1985 Fleetwood "Oak Knoll" Single wide, 14x80. No renovation experience.
Yanita

Your welcome, not sure the reason but for some I have to manually set this.

~Yanita~
gram2logan

Can someone please answer my question?? I'd really like to know how to upload a picture into a post.

Thanks.
JD
Site Admin

When in the Post a reply screen, I first tick this button.

If you don't have this button, then I dunnoImage
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
JD
Site Admin

Which brings up the Upload Picture box, tick Browse

Tick that and find the image you want to upload, tick it

Then tick Send

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

JD
Site Admin

Which brings up another small Send Picture box. You will probably

need to scroll down in that box to get to the last link to tick.

Under the picture, you will see insert picture: standard

Click standard

This is to upload one image. Use the other options at will.

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

JD
Site Admin

So if you do not see the buttons and pop-up windows above, then it is a matter for admin to fix for you.

I hope this helps,

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!