Having a problem getting answers

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

WildIrish

Hi, Yanita, et. al! :)

I tried to send a PM, but got the usual error, so I guess this is the place for me to post this message? I hope so....

I posted a couple of questions in the Coleman heater section, and although the resident expert has answered other people's questions, he hasn't answered mine, in the same time period.

I'm not asking complex questions, and I don't see why he would ignore one person's posts while answering other people's. If he's pressed for time, he wouldn't have time to answer others' questions, either, right?. So why single my questions out to be ignored? I don't understand it. Even a simple, "Sorry, I don't know" would be better than just ignoring someone. :(

Those of us who take the time to post polite, well-thought-out questions would really appreciate more consideration than this. I'm not that strong, so I nearly took off a finger opening the metal door on the Coleman to get the model/serial numbers, and I don't even get a reply? I'm not expecting regular visitors to have the answers. But when a moderator with expertise on the subject ignores someone asking a question, it really diminishes one's enthusiasm for the forum. :(

I don't know if there's anything you could do about this, but if so, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much. :)
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Yanita

Hi WildIrish,

Well, in all honesty I have no answer you. For that I apologize. I do not regularly monitor the HVAC forums as I am not a tech.

I doubt that Robert, our tech has singled you out. Myself and JD have received an email from Robert that he is sick. I also know that Robert has his own business as well. Between that and being sick maybe time is running short. Honestly I have no idea.

I will send him and Mark an email direct them to this post and hopefully he can help you out.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
WildIrish

Yanita wrote:Myself and JD have received an email from Robert that he is sick. I also know that Robert has his own business as well. Between that and being sick maybe time is running short. Honestly I have no idea.

I will send him and Mark an email direct them to this post and hopefully he can help you out.
OMG, I'm so sorry...it never even crossed my mind that he might be sick. I don't know why--I guess I'm just not thinking straight, since we got that gas bill for $415, and I'm really worried about the heater.

Thanks, Yanita, for your help and for explaining...Robert, when you read this, I hope you'll be feeling better very soon, and I apologize for misunderstanding. :oops:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Yanita

Hi,

No problem. We appreciate every ones post. I remind people that we all have lives, some of us own our own business, others work for a company and do side work.

All of us have family, kids and some even have grand kids. We also try to keep up with each other...who's sick, on vacation, and fielding alto of questions not necessarily posted on site.

We all enjoy helping our forum members, but just like all others we have many other responsibilities away from the site as well.

Ummm, as for the PM's not functioning. Mark has been told, but in all honesty with the cold weather spreading across the nation he is swamped with work. When things calm down some hopefully we will get it fixed.

I have posted on the repair forum, all members are welcome to email any Admin/Mod in regards to the site.

Thanks for your understanding and look forward to helping you again.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!