Mark & admins - Shout box

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

It might be a good idea to totally eliminate the Shout Box feature entirely. It is just a cesspool of garbage. There is nothing there for or from the regular users of this web site.

Just my opinion.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi JD,

If Mark does not see this I will pass the thought by him. Although my name lights up as Admin I have no control over how the forum functions, only activating new users, and deleting the bad ones.

I never see anything in the shout boxes, for those of you that have blogs do you have them set so "friends" only can see/respond? Just wondering as I have never had anything posted in mine and I have mine set as mentioned above.

Hope you and the better half had a great Easter. I am still fat and nappy! :wink:

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Hi Yanita,

I had my preferences set to registered users only but will set them to friends only.

JD

Edited: The only option I saw was to disable and not show the shoutbox in the Blog CP, so I selected that.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
gram2logan

I posted earlier about the shout box. I had mine set for everyone and I too had a bunch of garbage in it. So I deleted all the entries and changed access to registered users only. I don't see the point in it even being there, do you?
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Yanita

HI,

I must agree I do not see the reason for it to be there, BUT, that does not neccessarily mean it can be removed from the program.

JD, yeah I gave you the wrong info setting, thanks for the correction. LOL, it's really hard to keep up with the front end of the site and then monitor the back end as well.I have a little more sympathy for Mark these days, LOL.

Hope you all had a great Easter!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!