Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

hvac1000

I have to log in any time I visit the site. I check the box to stay logged in but it must be not working. My machine works well on other sites with that option so I know my computer will accept the log in cookie. Whats up with this. Also still do not get mail telling me of new posts. I have set my status up to get them?
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Yanita

Hi HVAC,

Yeah, I believe the stay logged in box is working, or at least I have not received complaints about it. I do not know what you are using for your machines security but you might need to list this site as a safe site. I know with McAfee I had to do that. What OS are you using, I know some with Vista have a problem with staying logged in.

As for the email site response notices, very few folks are getting them, LOL, and I am not one either! I have mentioned this to Mark, hopefully that issue can/will be resolved.

Will mention this to Mark again, or feel free to send him an email.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Worked on the e-mail issue more today. I think we may try sending out the e-mail thru another server. I'm on the road for Easter, so will look into that option further after Easter.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Sylvia

I still also have to log in all the time. It's inconsistent though, sometimes I can go for a day and not log in and then it could be several times a day.
gram2logan

And another issue is having to log in twice before it actually "accepts" the log in!
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Manitoba Bill

gram2logan wrote:And another issue is having to log in twice before it actually "accepts" the log in!
When I come to the site as a Guest I see 3 "Log in" places.

One is at the btm. of the index page.
Another says"Log in" and the third is Log in to check messages.

1 and 2 show a window for name/password.

When I click on the "check messages" it signs me in without any windows.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Jim from Canada

I have had to log in manually lately too! Just the past day or so. The little icons in the forum are not showing up yellow showing that there are unread threads there too.

Jim
Yanita

Hi Folks,

Well lt has happened to me, yesterday I had to manually log in everytime...hmmm! I know all my settings are correct.

I will email Mark about this and the email notifications, but please feel free to do the same.

~Yanita~
Jim from Canada

today it worked fine....The only thing I did different was to let the home page fully load before I clicked the link to the forum.

Jim
Greg

Yanita, Now you know how I feel!! Try doing it every time! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi Folks,

I feel bad that I can not help in this area. I have limited control on this and not nearly enough knowledge of these sites to even try to figure it out.

A couple of the quirks I have had I found to be from settings in my computer or security settings. May not be the case for the rest of you.

What I can say is please email Mark personally.

~Yanita~