new username

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

ben14826

Ok, so I had to create a new username and password last night to be able to use the site again. Is this something that has to do with the new site or was it something I did? I used the same username as at the old site, so I'm assuming it wasn't a mistake on my part? Anyways good to be back either way. Worst thing is that now my profile is back at square one, and all my pics are gone. Has this happened to everyone?
ben14826

Ok so now I went to start rebuilding my profile and I notice that the MY PROFILE SPACE tab is gone. I can't figure out how to get to where I can make my profile?? HELP
Greg

Hi Ben this new site if full of quirks, we are all learning about them. If someone doesn't give you an answer, try Emailing Mark directly. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi Ben,

Yup, new site, although it has some quirks some of them are not that bad, LOL. To get you to your profile you need to have a friend...I will send you an invite and that should give you your MPS link back.

Are you saying that you were registered to this new site and then had to register again under a new name? If so what was the name you originally registered with?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
ben14826

Hi Yanita. I was registered at the old site for like a year or so. About a week ago or so I got on and noticed that there was a new site and that my old username and password from the old site no longer worked. I registered using the same username and password as the old site and all was well except that I no longer had all my old info from the old site, but I think that this happened to everyone right? Sorry if I confused everyone. Did everyone's profilesd, post counts, etc get erased with the old site?
ben14826

Ok I now have my profile link back. Looks like i have some work to do now. Did someone say that there was somewhere to go where I can see the photos from my profile on the old site as a reminder of which ones to use? Thanx Yanita, Greg, and Mark for the help.
Yanita

Hi,

Unfortunately nothing from the old site comes to the new site automatically. All post counts start new, same with profiles. I personally like these profiles better as it gives the specifics of your home, and still allows an area for as much private info about yourself that you want to share. Once you get in there check out the blogs and all there is to do.

Everyone has to start from scratch. All the photos are still in the album that Maureen still has in a safe place. We are waiting on Mark to decide where these photos are going on this site. Unfortunately hackers kept getting into the photo album so it is currently in lock down mode, but all photos are safe and secure.

Glad I could help! :D

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!