Blog question

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

gram2logan

I was just looking at my blog and the "Shout Box" had weird things posted in it - including bad words and references to sex, etc. I realize I made a mistake in allowing guests to see my blog and post to the shout box. I wanted to delete those items but it wouldn't let me, so I changed the blog to not have the shout box.

How can I get the shout box back without the offending posts? I've changed the settings to allow only registered users to see my blog now. I am and always have been too trusting and never thought about people entering offensive matter. It really ticks me off though. Those people should stay with their own kind!

Lesson learned..........
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Yanita

Hi Gram,

Yup THOSE KIND seem to have much more time than the rest of us...

I will notify Mark so he can answer this questions...

I still have the 3 granddaughters so I am having a hard time staying focused LOL, they sure can get ya rattled first thingin the AM.

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads-up on the shout box. I had it set so guests could read my blog, but I didn't realize they could post in the shout box. So now I've changed my settings so only registered users can read my blog. Live & learn.

You can delete individual shout messages. Bring up the shout box, and look for the big red X by each post in the shout box. Just click the X and the post will delete itself. I literally have hundreds of shouts to delete -- and I'm still deleting. Wish there was a 'delete all' key.

Of course if the e-mail function was working properly, we'd probably get e-mails everytime someone posted in the blog. Need to get that fixed, but don't know how yet.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!