Website Issues 7/13

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

lefties

Yup,,came on yesterday and my anti virus signalled me,,,i deleted the virus spyware,,didnt pop up today.
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
bilbar25

Still receiving the "attack site" warning here.

.....being patient! :?
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
tnt17

bilbar25 wrote:Still receiving the "attack site" warning here.

.....being patient! :?

Which page did you receive the warning? Also, check on your a/v program, may have quarantined it but left it checked so it won't allow you to access the site.
Every page on my end with 4 different pc's is fine, once i scanned and swept for errors i went ahead and deleted those quarantined files that were in the 'vault' so to speak.
bilbar25

I receive the Google "attack site" alert when I come to "mobilehomerepair.com", and with every click thereafter anywhere on the site, I also get the attack alert from Google.

I have ran my AVG, my Ad-Aware, and my Spyware Blaster and haven't been alerted to anything...and nothing sent to my "vaults".

Puzzling...I just hope all is well as far as security goes here!!

Bill
tnt17

Ok, so it sounds more google web based then anything, i just have the google toolbar and that's it, other then that this site (forums) is bookmarked.

Edit: for the heck of it, i went to google. Then put in the search box 'mobilehomerepair.com'.

Mark, check out the first link/search result:

Mobile Home Repair
This site may harm your computer.
Welcome to mobilehomerepair.com, the #1 Web site for helping the consumer repair and understand their manufactured mobile home. Ask the expert of mobile ...
www.mobilehomerepair.com/
Mark
Site Admin

Google did check the site and is now saying that they haven't seen any malware since yesterday. Yet the warnings haven't been removed yet. Hopefully we see the warnings removed soon. I hate being handcuffed like this!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Mark
Site Admin

As far as security, yesterday we added one more layer. We think the malware got into this website because someone in another country hacked the password to the server. So yesterday an expensive program was purchased and installed that will scan any changes to the website before they are implemented.

In a perfect world, only me and my tech guys do changes. Now all changes must first pass thru a filter and be checked for malware, viruses and anything else improper. Whether its a hacker, me or whoever doing the changes -- all changes are checked. If the file being uploaded or changed has any suspicious signs, it'll be instantly quarantined.

I tell ya, it's just one more layer of protection added to all the layers we already have. Staying one step ahead of these guys is quite the battle.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Got another message from Google saying that the site is clean and the warnings are in the process of being removed. They say it "can take some time." Funny how the warnings can be added instantly, but take awhile to be removed. Hopefully the warnings are removed within a few hours (and not days!) Thanks for hanging in there everyone.

Mark
bilbar25

No more "attack site" warnings with todays visit!

Yeah !!!!!!! :wink: :wink:
Yanita

Hi Guys,

Just went to google to check our status...WOO HOO the warnings have been removed!

Thanks to those that braved the site and kept us posted on what you where getting on your pc's. Much appreciated!

Yanita :D
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!