Can't edit profile

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Busybee1952

Cannot find the place to edit my profile. I think there is a button missing or something.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

Hi,

Click on the My Profile Space in the task menu, once it changes pages to your profile click the same button again, that brings up page 2 of your profile. I believe within the first box of page 2 is several different task buttons, one of them being EDIT profile.

Hope this works for you, if not post back. :D

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Ivanova

Sorry... I'm having the same problem. Am I blind? LOL!
"Task Menu"?
I see FAQ, Search, Memberlist, Usergroups, Album, etc...

Above that in blue, I see HOME, ARTICLES, etc...

... uuuh... where is this "Task Menu"?

:)
AT

I thought you might mean the Profile Button in my actual post, but that takes me to a profile I cannot edit.
Ivanova

AHA!
You don't GET a "My Profile" button until you "friend" Yanita.

Weird.
AT

.....not that you're weird, Yanita.
You seem very nice.
Just weird that we have to friend you without KNOWING we have to friend you.
Last edited by Ivanova on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanita

Hi Ivanova,

Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately I do not have a say in how this program was written!

Were you see the search, FAQ, membership list etc in the shaded area is considered the "task menu".

As for the friends thing, again, the way the program is written is you need a "friend" to join this mobile home community forum. Without one you do not get your My Profile Space button.

To make things easier for the forum users Mark, the owner of this wonderful site has set it up to automatically invite all members to be my friend...I am the one that mainly handles this area, although I do get help from the other mods.

You are welcome to choose your own friends, simply invite them and once they accept you, you are free to delete mine.

With that said, go back to the "task menu" the lightly shaded area at the top of the page, click My Profile Space, complete the info needed there, then click MPS again and it will take you to the second page. Make sure that you scroll to the bottom of each page and click SAVE, to not do so will make all your efforts worthless.

Oh, and my name is Yanita, not Yolanda.

Have a great day!

Yanita

PS, I too personally think the FAQ is relatively worthless...
Ivanova

LOL! Yes, I am so sorry about the name thing, Yanita!
I did go back and edit!
I had just left another forum after having a very long and interesting conversation with someone named Yolanda and I guess my fingers had typed it too many times!!

I totally understand..now.

Unfortunately, when a person first signs up, is brand new to the site, is looking around, trying to figure out what's going on.... reading threads to get a feel for the place... the "My Profile Space" choice is not displayed yet!
I kept reading your posts to other users that said "just click My Profile and..." so I kept looking and looking for this invisible button and getting more and more frustrated....

I is an excellent idea to have friendship requests automatically appear....but..... where?

Again, imagine you are a new user... you just signed up, you can't find this invisible "My Profile" that you see spoken of, you're frustrated...... why would it occur to me to click "Friendship Invitations" for no apparent reason? Why would I think I would have a friendship invite when I just joined?

Do you see what I mean? As a new user, it's not something you think to do.

Even as I scrolled through posts and occasionally saw your posts with the Friendship Pending message (or whatever it says) under your avatar image.... I thought, "hmm.. weird. She must ask to be friends with all the new members".. I didn't think in a million years: "hmmm.. maybe if I accept her invite the invisible button will magically appear!"

I understand that you guys didn't write the program (whoever did is WEIRD), but if the FAQs are "useless".. perhaps updating them?
Most forums are ANAL about new users reading the FAQs before posting, so they are usually one's first reference.
Maybe a sticky for newbies that says "You MUST friend a MOD before the My Profile button will appear on your screen!"

Again, I apologize for allowing my frustration to spill out onto my posts.

And for screwing up your name :roll: :oops:

AT
Yanita

Hi,

Not a problem and thanks for the explanation and I will certainly make a "sticky" noting to befriend a mod...BUT...the stickies are only good for those that read them, and from my position that does not happen alot either.

LOL, there is only one other site that I really go to and post...yes, you are right, most other forums are anal about reading the FAQ's.

To be honest I have only read ours a couple of times and am thinking (but could) be wrong that they are standard for this site. None of it sounds like something Mark would of written.

Anyway, thanks for your insight and opinion's, and no apology is needed.

Glad you muddled your way through it.

Looking forward to helping you in the future,

Yanita