Can't get to the Profile

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hi

When I click on an authors name to go to their profile....it don't work.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi Harry,

I just went to mine, JD's, Maureen's, Lorne's and I think Homebuff...all is fine at my end.

Hopefully another will see this, try a few profiles and see if it works for them...ummm, have you changed anything on your pc as of late?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

Seems to work now. Maybe it was the newer members I couldn't get the profile.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

If "Waiting For Approval" shows under any user name they will not have a profile as they have not accepted the initial first friendship offered automatically thru the forum program. That person is me! :D

Yanita
Harry

Hi

I clicked on tinyone and got nothing and no "waiting for approval". What am I doing wrong?

Harry
Yanita

Hi,

Have no clue...direct me to Tinyone last post...

Yanita
Harry

Yanita

Hey Harry,

Once again this member has no profile...In the user name box (where your avatar is) within that box at the bottom it says "Waiting Approval". As I said before this means they have not accepted the automatic friendship the site provides so you (them) become a member of the community.

Yanita

Oh, wanted to mention I like your avatar! LOL, but I was used to the BUG!
Harry

Hi

Well ...... it is blank here. No ""Waiting Approval" here.

But thanks anyway for the explaination.

Harry
Yanita

Morning Harry,

Well LOL, I wouldn't exactly call it an explanation. Maybe I am seeing the waiting approval or already a friend as I am admin/mod...just realized I might see something you don't.

Have you tried going to profiles you know work...? To my knowledge the site has not had any new upgrades recently required and all your account settings are in line so I do not know what is going on.

Yanita
Serena

Harry, I clicked on yours and Greg's and got both your profiles. I clicked on tinyone and it didn't even load.

Yanita, maybe you do have access to status of "accounts" in order to moderate. That'd make sense.
Yanita

Hey Harry and Serena,

Ok, so neither of you see Waiting for Approval or Already a Friend under the user names...if not I did not realize that was an admin/mod thing...LOL, I forget I "see" more than you guys do.

I will put out another reminder on profiles, but I can't force them to do so...

Harry try going to other profiles that you might not have already been to, not a admin/mod or a daily site user, I have found with me anyways that some newer profiles take forever to load.

Yanita
Serena

Yanita, I went to the Memberlist, put the views in order by most recent registrations. I picked ones with 1 - 2 posts. None of them loaded. Could be my internet reception. Could be that there is no profile.

Just tried a few with 3 - 7 posts. Some loaded with profile, some didn't load.

I don't see any notations about status of registration or profiles.
Greg

Not sure what you are running for an OS, but Yanita will vouch for me when I tell you Vista does WEIRD things on this site. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Like I have said, generally if it takes a while to load or doesn't load there is no profile.

I doubt that it has anything to do with anyones operating system or internet connection...just there is no profile. As for a listing of who does and does not, I have no idea if the program has those capabilities.

Sorry folks...this I can not change, I can only keep posting reminders to complete a profile.

Yanita