Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jim from Canada

It seems that 115 x 115 pixels and 12K is a bit small for a pic....I can't reduce anything that much. What is popular for photo editing? I just use my Fuji Finepix editor but it will only reduce so much.

Jim
Mark
Site Admin

Jim,

E-mail me your picture and I'll reduce it for you. If anyone needs help uploading a photo for their profile, let me know.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
JD
Site Admin

Also you can try reducing the jpg file down to the 115x115 and then save the file as a gif file. This will get the file size down no problem. My avatar is a gif file.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Jim from Canada

What do you use for photo editing? I heard of a good free one but can't remember the name of it....great clue eh?

Jim
JD
Site Admin

It was Google's free offering called Picassa or Picasso or something like that. I use Photoshop CS, but Paint Shop Pro, and most of the simplest photo editors will work. I could not get MS Paint to work. Wouldn't crop properly.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.