Screen Layout size.

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Manitoba Bill

Finding my way around; I notice on my monitor, set @ 1024*768, that the screen is centered and doesn't fill the edges. On other phBB forums like bambooweb, they are full screen and they allow more topics, etc., per page, also less scrolling.
The one exception is the thread started by Mark called "Anyone using Vista" which is almost full width.

I do enjoy the "balloons" that pop up on topics, though. On another forum they show the starting thread subject, on this forum they show the last posting. Neat!
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Mark
Site Admin

In the old forum, we always had issues with how people with older systems would view the forum. In this forum, they would see this in full screen. For the rest of us, we still see it the same but with space around the outside. To me this way is easier reading because your reading short lines and not a bunch of real long lines (which does create some extra scrolling, but if that's the biggest thing wrong with this forum, we can handle that).

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!