Spellchecker

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Manitoba Bill

Anyone know why the spellchecker is not working? Or is just me.

I also noticed when looking at albums that the poster's comments are hidden at the btm. of the page and missed. Can someone re-arrange the pages text to bring these comments closer to the pics so they make sense.

Thanks.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

HI,

Spellchecker is working fine for me...

As for the text in the albums could you give me a specific persons album that there seems to be a problem.

Thanks,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Manitoba Bill

Actually it was Robin's album, but applies to all albums, The entries at the bottom push the pic desc. down so you have to constantly scroll up and down, even in full-screen. If you look at each picture alone.
It is a programming thing.

But I see if you use the slideshow feature it can easily be read if you get the 10 second delay to work.

As for the spellchecker it once worked fine for me as I always use it. Now it comes up blank and says Done. When I just clicked it nothing happened, not even the checker window. I guess someone is working on the site again.
[color=red]
Yanita

Hi,

I chatted with JD a bit last night and for both him and I the spellchecker works fine.

We both scanned thru various parts of the Albums and it all appears as it always has. For me when viewing the album everything is readable, to view the description of the pic you must click on the thumbnail, it then goes full screen and all text is visible without any type of scrolling.

To my knowledge no one is working on the site, upgrades of the program were done not to long ago, and that is generally done late at night so not to interfere with daily use.

Could you post a screen shot of what you are seeing...

If anyone else is having problems with these functions please post so we know about it.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Manitoba Bill

I never mentioned that the album section had changed at all, only the spellchecker is not working right.
Here is a screen capture of a full-screen album picture.
http://mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/album ... ser_id=108

When I spell-checked this reply, the spellchecker is back working as before.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.
Or, as my old friend Paul would say, "Have a cool Yule and a Frantic First !"

(P.S. I again checked the spelling and it did not give a correction for "Merry Christmas", so I guess things are alright in the world.) LOL
[color=red]
JD
Site Admin

Hi Bill,

As Yanita said, we both tried the spell checker and it worked fine for us. Since it is now working for you, I guess it was just a glitch of some sort. We have not had any other comments about the spell checker not working.

As for the picture description in the albums, I also did not see a picture description on Tipstahs pictures. Maybe he didn't type in a description? Most of the pics in my album have descriptions and they are all showing. My pics are full sized, so I don't think the size of the pic has anything to do with it.

The forum software is written by phpBB Group. At our end (meaning Mark and "ebinfo") there are options available, through the back end of the program, to do some slight customizing. There are also "mods" available that can add features or make other changes. But as for changing the actual code of the program, that would need to come through phpBB Group before Mark would use it. (I am guessing there).

As best I can tell Bill, everything is working as designed.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Manitoba Bill

JD; Maybe the problem is how software "sees" the site. I am running IEX7,XP, 1024x768, 19" wide monitor and yet there are 2" wide blanks at either side of the posts. So the posts are vertical so I have to constantly scroll up and down.
Not a big problem, just wondered why. And the spellchecker is back working. I guess somebody fixed it.

I've been to many forums running phpBB Group and all of them are full screen width.
[color=red]