Uploading Profile PIC

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

ImaDufus

How do I upload a PIC for my profile?

Thanks

Tim
JD
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

Thanks for leaving your real name. :)

Hopefully, in the row of links above, just under Books & Parts, you should see My Profile Space. Click that, and then on the box on the left, click Edit Profile. The upload stuff should be on the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the forum!

JD

PS.. Oh! and what Yanita said.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
ImaDufus

JD wrote:Hi Tim,

Thanks for leaving your real name. :)

Hopefully, in the row of links above, just under Books & Parts, you should see My Profile Space. Click that, and then on the box on the left, click Edit Profile. The upload stuff should be on the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the forum!

JD

PS.. Oh! and what Yanita said.
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate the information on updating my profile. However, I have a picture I want to use but cannot figure a way to resize it to 115 by 115 and 12kb or less.

I have never had to resize pictures. Could you provide some information on how to resize or could I email you the PIC and you could resize it?

Appreciate all you do and very sorry to be a pain.

And..... What did Yanita say?

Tim
Yanita

Hi Tim,

You must have the MPS link as you have already created your profile.

At the top of the page click on My Profile Space, this will take you to the first page of your profile, I think it is the third link, says EDIT MPS, click that, it will take you to the second page, on this page you can edit your profile, preferences and scroll to the bottom and you can upload your avatar.

Make certain that after you have completed all your changes that you scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE.

LOL, what JD was referring to is the post that I believe is under this one.

Your not being a pain, sometimes the site can be a little challenging to work your way thru until you have it figured out. Honestly, I suck at photos, so I can not offer to resize yours and upload your avatar. LOL, the site owner Mark, did mine!

In order for an Admin or Mod to upload your avatar photo for you that person would need to know your password, or we can change it and then notify you, then of course you are free to return to your original password or create another. Please do not post your password on site. You could include that info when you email either Mark or JD with the avatar pic.

What photo program are you using, most of them come with a resizer.

Hope this helps,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
ImaDufus

Actually, I was hoping that I could email him the PIC and he could email it back after having it resized to specs. Then I could upload the PIC myself under my profile.

Thanks

Tim
Yanita wrote:Hi Tim,

You must have the MPS link as you have already created your profile.

At the top of the page click on My Profile Space, this will take you to the first page of your profile, I think it is the third link, says EDIT MPS, click that, it will take you to the second page, on this page you can edit your profile, preferences and scroll to the bottom and you can upload your avatar.

Make certain that after you have completed all your changes that you scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE.

LOL, what JD was referring to is the post that I believe is under this one.

Your not being a pain, sometimes the site can be a little challenging to work your way thru until you have it figured out. Honestly, I suck at photos, so I can not offer to resize yours and upload your avatar. LOL, the site owner Mark, did mine!

In order for an Admin or Mod to upload your avatar photo for you that person would need to know your password, or we can change it and then notify you, then of course you are free to return to your original password or create another. Please do not post your password on site. You could include that info when you email either Mark or JD with the avatar pic.

What photo program are you using, most of them come with a resizer.

Hope this helps,

Yanita
Yanita

Hi,

Either send them a personal message thru the site or email one of them, you can do this from their profiles, click on there name under their avatar. Ask one of them if they will do it for you.

Did you read the thread below this one, I believe that JD mentioned once you select the pic that you need to scroll down and click standard.....have you tried that? :D

Yanita
JD
Site Admin

Hey Tim,

Email me the pic and I will resize it for you.

[email protected]

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
timg

Hey all. I haven't been on mhr.com in about a year, and I really like the new layout and new features! I've got the stuff about uploading photos, but can't seem to find the "My Profile Space" link in order to set my Avatar photo.... I see all kinds of other links like MPS Search, MPS Groups, Album, Log out, etc.... Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

Tim
Yanita

Hi Tim,

And Welcome back...what you are missing is this...

In the task menu above click on new friends pending...a new box will open and click accept...refresh your browser...then you should have the MPS link exactly where the friends pending was, these are interchangeable. Once you get into the page to create your profile you will see where you can upload your avatar.

Yanita
timg

Yay! It pays to talk to the right person.

Thanks, Yanita!

Tim
Yanita

Your welcome Tim,

Great to have you back...nice pic, I for one one like having faces to the names.

Yanita