Registering

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Atlantis

Good work on the anti spambot registration addition to your forum.
Mark
Site Admin

Thanks -- it works like a charm although I still need more cat pictures. Anyone got one? please e-mail them to me. I've changed some of the default pics with the cat pics I've received so far, but changing them all makes the spam program even more secure. So anyone reading this, please send me those cat pics!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Manitoba Bill

I don't have any cats but Webshots have many.
(Check the buttons at the lower right of the pictures.)

http://pets.webshots.com/tag/cats

[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hey Mark and Manitoba Bill,

Mark I just sent you a bunch of pics of my furkids, use what you want if any.

Bill, yeah as one that was always outback helping keep the spam under control...I too will saw greaaat job. I spent countless hours back there as well as others have too! Almost feel like I am out of a job, LOL

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Atlantis

The hack comes with 20 different cats and here are 22,700,000 more cats :roll:

Anyhow I got rid of the cats and substituted with pictures of food on my forum

One question I noticed you have 8 pictures pop up whereas I have 20. I would prefer that, did you do it by design?
Mark
Site Admin

Atlantis,

Somewhere on phpbb.com, someone posted code for adjusting the number of pictures that pop up. That hack seems to work well.

I can have up to 20 pictures pop up, but then someone with a slow internet connection might time-out on some of the pictures, so 8 seems to work pretty good for this site.

If you want the code and can't find it, holler and I'll see if I can remember where I found it.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Atlantis

Hi Mark, Don't worry about the code, I will work it out.

On a side note, I just noticed though that on phpbbhacks where you got the photo visual registration code, They deleted the entire topic we were discussing. :evil: That's some moderation eh

ps just got a pm from patrick saying your first post was in breach of their user guidelines. Wow, I thought you were just asking for help?

If you PM HIM asking for an explanation, I would be interested in what he says for sure.