Resizing Photos

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hi

On the old forum there were instructions on where and how to resize photos. The wife and I would like to download this again. Can you please explain how.

Thanks

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Mark
Site Admin

Harry,

Do you have any photo editing software on your computer? At least on this laptop, I use Picasa2 for stuff like that. It's a free download. Picasa2 will also resize photos automatically when sending thru an e-mail.

Windows XP includes a program for editing photos, which works pretty good for downsizing.

If you only have a couple photos, you can e-mail them to me and I'll do it quick for you. Otherwise let us know what you have for software and we can walk you thru it.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi Mark

Can Picasa2 reduce the file size without reducing the size of the photo?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Mark
Site Admin

No it can't. To do that I think would require a more high-end editor like photoshop.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi Mark

Found one!

Try this:

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

The wife is happy now ... for a little while.

Harry
JD
Site Admin

Here is an easy to use web based image service that can reduce file size, picture size, and other picture edits. No download and free.

http://webresizer.com/resizer/

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.