Blog

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

carolhalverson

Okay, now I think I'm ready to try a blog. How do I get started?
Mark
Site Admin

Be sure you are logged in. Then click on 'my blog' at the top. Then click on 'new entry' and type away!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
carolhalverson

I get a box that says, "sorry, the blog you selected does not exist."
I still get the box at sign in that says I have new friends requests, but when I follow the link, it says that I have no pending friends requests. Also, no MPS button.
Mark
Site Admin

Carol,

I am going to log into your account to check things out. While I do that, you may not be able to access your account until you receive an e-mail from me.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

The 'no pending friends' error message has been fixed and the database reset. This should also be fixed for anyone else who's experienced but not reported it. Still working on the blog issue . . . .

Mark
carolhalverson

Thanks, Mark!! :D
Ketta

Digging this up because I have looked all over for a solution to the question originally posted. Hope you can help, Mark.

I've spent time in MPS updating and adding info, but when I try any of the blog links, including 'my blog' and so forth, I get a message that says you must belong to a usergroup that allows blogs. If I click on 'usergroups' up top, it says no group exist.

I tried starting my own group after clicking on 'mps groups', but that didn't work and I deleted the group (for now, I plan to start it again).

I've looked at blogs other members have written and can't find any usergroup they might belong to that I can join.

What am I missing? I know it's likely right in front of me (and I did read the FAQ and your answer to the OP), but I don't get anything like 'new entry'. Did I forget to enable something perhaps?

Your help is appreciated, and please know I've spent a good hour messing about and trying to find the answer myself. Sorry for the bother...><
carolhalverson

I still have the same problem, also.
JD
Site Admin

I believe that the problem with creating a blog has been fixed. Please try your blog function and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

Sometimes after changes have been made you need to log out then log back in and then click refresh in your browser.

Edited...I just clicked on the My blog link and got the user group info, went and clicked on Blog CP, (control panel) and wala, there is the info to create a blog!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Ketta

Thanks JD and Yanita, things seem to be peachy now. :)
carolhalverson

Thanks! I had just given up so I hadn't even tried lately! Thanks again. It all works now!
Yanita

Hi,

Glad we could all help! :lol:

There are several forums on this site for us moderators to keep up with, if you do not always get to the botom of your problems then please email or personal message to one of us.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
lefties

Whats a blog?? Is that short for a burnt log? :D
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
JD
Site Admin

It is short for web log. They may have started with wlog, but saying the letter w takes longer than web. :)
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.