McGuyver section?

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

dandjbarrett

I'd like to hear those things too. I think it is really wonderful that you're brave enough to do all the things you've done!! I try to do as much as I can by myself, but do not have the knowledge of "how things work" and have learned tons on this forum and really learned a lot from the MH Repair/Upgrade Manual. I'm really more into the repair part since things seem to be in fairly good shape at my place, but maintenance issues are important and keeping things in really good shape is important to me. I love that post that Yanita put up on the diagram of the anatomy of a mobile home. It really shows the detail of what is where, etc. If it came to getting anything electrical done, I'd have to hire a plumber. Fortunately (for me) I'm hooked up to a muncipal water/sewer plant, so I wouldn't have to dig my own septic system. Its a good thing since my back is bad from an injury I got in doing some of the heavy stuff at my place which involved digging. :? :shock:
JD
Site Admin

Hi Pat,

My hat's off to you and everyone that has to maintain a home on limited funds. Especially going by the way I do things, it makes me feel like a wimp. I will come up with projects and repairs just to justify buying a new tool I don't have. Could I get by with what I have? Sure, I can. Homes were still built before the age of cordless tools. I think your innovative approach to getting things done is great! If I had old shoddy carpet and no funds to replace it, I would probably live on shoddy carpet. Deck paint and being careful with water is the pro-active approach that me and others on the forum want to hear about. When I need to replace a part I head to the box stores, you head to the shed and get the shower curtain rod, and make a fine repair.

As I have said before, innovative and frugal ideas in home repairs is what our forum is all about. Every repair needs to be seasoned with safety. Your fresh approach adds a lot to our forum. It allows us to expand on ideas that work and work out problems that other forum members may not have thought about.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
dandjbarrett

I'm totally rolling in the floor laughing. I just went back and read my post above JD's post. I posted that if I needed anything electrical done, I'd have to hire a plumber :oops: :oops: . I guess I meant to say I'd have to hire an electrician. Oh, well, no wonder I'm a mess!! :D
Yanita

Hi everyone...

Early this AM I was checking the site, discovered I had a PM, from Busybee.

Without going into all the details, Busybee has decided to leave the site.

I tried to discourage her from leaving, letting her know that she was a great asset to this community, her wit and ability to jump in and do whatever it was that needed to be done.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know, so when you can no longer reach her thru the site I do not get flooded with the "whys".

Take care of yourself Busybee! :wink:

Yanita.

I will now lock this thread.
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!