I guess it's me, too. Can't get the profile link to show

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Robert

Hi All,

Please read my next to last line in previous post. I am already showing Carol in my friends list.

Don't remember inviting her, of course that doesn't prove anything as I forget

Now where was I ? Well anyhow, she is there already.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
carolhalverson

That's what I was saying. A pop up box upon logging in says I have pending friends to approve, but it doesn't give me the box to approve or deny them. When I click on it, it takes me to another box that says no pending friends requests. Sooo, I never get the link for the MPS button. Are we having fun, yet?? :wink:
Robert

Fun doesn't begin to describe it, LOL. However, we will get through this somehow.

Mark will return Wednesday and maybe he can shake things up on his end.

Thanks for your patience.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Ok, lets try one more thing,

Carol, Robert, delete each others pics...click on your own name, go to the freinds are and click edit/view all freinds, find each other pic, click on the pic and delete.

Then each of you re invite and please remember the steps and boxes that do or do not show up.

Thanks, Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!

Hi , I had same problem finding way to edit profile. Go to MPS GROUPS ,There is a little box on left , says My Groups. Click it , then it goes to another page then click the MPS Home link then it goes your page and you can edit the profile.You have to fill out everything with an * or it wont save.
Yanita

How creative to get to your profile...whatever works!

If you (dherr555) click on my name (Yanita), scroll till you see add user, click, complete the pop up box, once I receive the invite you will get my pic in your friends area...this is suppose to give you the MPS link.

There is an automatic function for this that sometimes does not work.... or so it appears.

Yanita
carolhalverson

when I went to my profile ( as explained by dherr555, thanks!), Robert was no tin my friends box. I will reinvite him and see what happens!
carolhalverson

OK. First I clicked under his picture which said,"add to my friends." Next I got the ADD FRIEND page. I then clicked submit.Then it took me to the info page which told me Robert would be contacted and gave me three choices. 1. return to MPS. 2. return to index. 3. Return to user's profile. Now I'll go see if he is on my profile as a friend. Not Yet. I'll check later. Last time I'm not sure when he was added. Later.
Yanita

ok so far so good, that is what is suppose to happen.

Robert will need to approve it on his end...then you will get his pic in your freinds space, that might take a moment if he does not watch the links in the task bar...

Yanita
carolhalverson

He must not be online this evening. He is still not in my friends list. We'll try some more tomorrow.
JD
Site Admin

Hi Carol,

Looks like you have been working on your profile. Glad to see you finally got that straightened out.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
carolhalverson

Yes, I never did get the button for MPS, but dherr555 gave me away to get in by the back door. Still no way to approve friends, though.
dandjbarrett

Yesterday I was able to do some profile edits, but today that link is not working. :(
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry about the link not working. We're trying to troubleshoot another thing, and for some reason its affecting that link. It'll be back working later today.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!