I guess it's me, too. Can't get the profile link to show

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

carolhalverson

I am having all the same problems expressed by a few others on this board. I have tried all of Yanita's suggestions, but still no link to edit my profile. :oops: :( :? Any help would be appreciated!
carolhalverson

I guess I should mention that friends are being added to my profile, but I'm not getting the page with the links to approve new friends. It's got to be something with the system for it to be happening to more than one of us. :?
Last edited by carolhalverson on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD
Site Admin

Hi Carol,

Do you know how to do a screenprint and save as a jpg file in very low resolution? If you do, could you send that to me?

I am kind of new at this mod thing, but the links you would be looking for will will be in the first line of forum links under the main page links, Home, Articles, Forum and so on. I believe it will be the 2nd to the last link on that line that will say whether you have a have a friend request pending or My Profile Space. The same link changes back and forth as needed.

If you have already gone through that, which it kind of looks like you have, the next link to the left should be My Profile Space. If it says that, click it and you will go to the profile set up page. If you don't see My Profile Space, let us know. Hang in there with us. We want to get you going.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
JD
Site Admin

Getting closer Carol and other recent member signups. I think I have found a problem. We are currently looking for the solution. Will get back to you tomorrow.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Good morning folks,

Yup, JD has been doing some testing, and now I am helping on what does appear to be a malfunction in the program.

Please bear with us as we try to work through this problem.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

After a quick check of profiles I see that CarolHaverson Bkbunny and BEKM all have completed profiles...if you want to edit your profiles...click your name this will take you to your profile space, click Edit MPS and you can then edit the space.

Yanita
carolhalverson

Hi Yanita! There is no edit MPS link on my profile page. :( It will get remedied now that everyone is aware of it. Thanks for all your time spent in helping us!!
Yanita

LOL,

We have been aware of it, I get all kinds of frustrated emails, pms and post!

To my understanding once the user has an admins pic on their friends page, then they should have the MY Profile Space icon...apparently this is not working.

My next question would be if you do not have a link to your MPS then how did you create a profile....

Sorry, but I am getting frustrated with all of this, not the people, just the functions....

Yanita
carolhalverson

When I ask a person to be my friend, it sends the request off and gives me several options to choose from. One lets me into my profile to edit it. So, I have asked several people to be my friend so I could work on it. :oops: However, it never asks me to approve them. It just puts them in my friends list on the profile. :o I wish I could remember how I got it set up the first time, but I've tried so many things and messed with so much that I can't remember how I did it. When I first log in it says I have new friends. but when I click the link it says there are no new friends pending. I have tried everthing you told the others to do and it still doesn't work. I won't give up and don't you either!! :wink:
Yanita

Hi Carol,

When you ask someone to be your friend you do not get a pop up box asking for approval, when someone invites you, then you will get the box asking for approval, denied.

You say you have several friends this is how you are gaining access to your profile, a quick check of your profile only shows JD and myself as friends. When you invite there is no pop up box asking for approval.

When someone invites you there is the pop up box...I think...now I am confusing myself.... In other words, if I invite you, you should get the new friends notice, you need to approve or deny, if you invite me then I get the pop up box.

I am not saying you are not doing things correctly I am simply trying to make sense of what should be easy and now has me frazzled.

Anyways we are still trying to recreate some scenarios and hopefully JD and my self will get this right...

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Yanita
carolhalverson

I guess that is the problem. I am not getting the option to approve my new friends requests. I am assuming you sent one to me? Thanks again for your time. :D
Robert

Hi All,

Just adding that Carol invited me to be her friend and I approved it, so it should be showing.

Just another miscue along with the others.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Ok,

Now Robert you invite Carol and see what happens...Carol SHOULD (ROFL in frustration) get a pop up where she has to approve or deny Robert.

It seems as though the approval box is not working, although I have not been able to recreate that.....

Regardless of the pop up box she should (again laughing hysterically) have the My Profile Space link button. (MPS) Once a member has an Admin pic in their friends this is suppose to change those links...

Please am I making sense to anybody???? :?

Carol I certainly appreciate your willingness to help on this...

Yanita
Last edited by Yanita on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolhalverson

No MPS button, yet. It shows Robert as my friend on my profile, but there is no approve or deny box that shows up. It just accepts anyone who asks and puts them on my page :lol:
Robert

Hi Carol,

When ~you~ ask someone (me for instance) to be your friend, ~I~ get the pop up box to approve or deny. I approved it and thus my pic shows up in your profile friends space.

Now, in a few when ~I~ ask ~you~ to be my friend, THEN you will receive the pop up box to approve or deny.

IF you approve, your pic will then appear in my profile friends space.

You only get the pop up when someone asks you to be their friend.

When you do the asking, you have already approved it by asking them.

ALL the above is however worthless if this idiotic set-up refuses to cooperate as it has for last 2 years.

Give me a sec to figure out how to ask ya,LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?