Coleman EB23b

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

alhaskell

Hi, well i had noticed the furnace wasn't running right, either it wouldnt start auto by the thermostat, or it would run till it was manually shut down. it does respond to the thermostat, but again it wont stop till i manually turn it off. I noticed that after i shut it down the blower motor would continue to run,, with light heat.. I replaced the sequencer.. and now the furnace shuts off and comes on like it should..however i now notice that the blower is on constantly running fairly slowly.. what should i change now?? im open for suggestions..thanks.

Al
DaleM

The only thing that controls that blower during heating cycles is the sequencer. Are you sure it is wired in right? Was the replacement sequencer an EXACT match to the one you took out?
alhaskell

yes it is a match , i took the part number from the manual in the furnace and matched it with the number from this site and the tech also matched it. I also since i posted replaced the fan relay also from this site, and the local hardware for a thermostat.. still the same thing.
I will double check the wiring diagram again and make sure, but as i pulled on off i put it back were it was from as well as labeled as i removed them.. that doesn't totally rule out an error but im still seeing the fan run ever slowly and its still warm, but looking in to the elements there not red..
I do want to say that before the sequencer it was doing this and well as not coming on sometimes, and intermittently not shutting down. This has been resolved with the sequencer.. but to clarify , between cycles the fan blows slowly with light heat. other wise it works fine.
Last edited by alhaskell on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaggylive

seems like this furnace has been fighting you a few years. haven't seen anyone check that you've cleaned your a-coil. worth asking, cuz simply taking a shopvac to mine made a huge difference. also this sounds almost like a heat pump, but I don't think you'd forget to mention that.

just trying to help, since this site and Mark helped me revive the furnace in an abandoned home I got 6weeks ago.
Everything I know about home repair I learned from Mike Holmes, but he never worked on a mobile...
alhaskell

No its not a heat pump system, it can take ac,, but its a normal electric furnace.. a year ago or so it did give me some problems, an element did burn out, it was replaced and the sequencer was replaced. It has worked fine since then, but last month it started to act up. not shutting down, (hot as heck in the house) thennext time it would do the opposite and not come on.. so the first thing i did was replace the seq. as another poster had a similar issue. I figured the seq went bad. Well i replaced it and all is working just fine.. or sort of, just the blower is always running slowly, (between cycles) and it blows slightly warm air.. i will check the wiring again today. incase i made a mistake.. otherwise its been a good furnace. I have cleaned it out.
alhaskell

well according to the schematic the wires are correct.. so im at a loss as to what might be going on.. thanks for advice.