Blend Air II

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Denison

Thank you for having a great explanation of Coleman's Deluxe Blend Air II system. Having just bought an '95 Fleetwood doublewide home, I was totally unfamiliar with this system.
My question has to do more with the whole house ventilation than the (Coleman Evcon model EB17B) electric furnace.
Your article explains the system function of expelling moisture laden air from the attic as well as providing fresh (outside air) to the living space.
Why would both bathroom exhaust fans be blocked off above the fan blade? This is not improvised but rather what seems like a factory provision. Seems to me that both these locations would need a duct to alleviate the large amount of water vapor generated. Any help would be appreciated.
Denison
DaleM

They shouldn't be "blocked" off, I think what you are seeing are the foam dampers that are in them to keep too much cold air from coming in. When the fan is on they usually bend up at the edges a bit to allow plenty of air flow up and out of the living space. When the fan is off they sit back down on their grill assembly.