Coleman 70 will not stay running

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

1947cadillac

Hello all, I have a coleman 70 furnace about 23 years old. My problem,I cannot keep it running.The temp wiil drop below t.stat then I have to drop temp on t.stat then bring it back up,the furnace will start run between 2 sec.-40 sec it will cycle like this between 3 and 10 times.After doing this for a while it will finally it will run,sometimes for days sometimes just once. Any Ideas its now 62 in the house. One other thing if I turn it to manual the blower will come on.
Marty
DaleM

Is the burner staying on?? Is the blower just cycling rapidly?
1947cadillac

the burner will shut off even though sometimes the burner will stay on while blower cycles.
DaleM

Pilot model furnace, right? No hot surface ignition/igniter?
1947cadillac

I have some more info , it is a hot surface igniter,model # 2755-766 I have a night set back t.stat. On the furnace it states that with this t.stat I need a isolation relay what does that do? I not sure if I have one, I cannot remember if I installed The t.stat after the house was built or the contractor installed it. The furnace ran must of the day,latter on I had to lower temp bring it up an ats up plenum blower starts flame shuts down on start up. Let me kn ow if there any more info needed.All help is greatly appreciated.