Coleman 3400A816 problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

LK

Is the blower on this unit a 2 speed? If so, are the speeds controlled by the sequencer? What could be the problem if the 2 of the elements are not getting as hot as the other one?
Unit does not seem to put out as much heat or air as it used too. Bearings on blower seem to be good, but does seem to make to much noise.
Thanks for any help
DaleM

Speeds are controled by a relay, blower ON controled by the sequencer. Only thing I can tell you is to check for power at all the elements while the unit is cycling up. The blower and 1 element comes ON at start up. After a minute or so the sequencer powers up the second element, a short time later the sequencer powers up the last element. At one point all elements will have power, 240v AC. you can check this with a multimeter. Sounds like you may have a bad element. You could also pull the elements assemblies and inspect them visually.
LK

Thanks for the quick reply. So if the blower is not speeding up, I might have a bad relay.It does not seem like the motor is running fast enough to me. It might be the motor itself maybe.
I will check the elements with a multimeter to confirm if they are working correctly. The unit is in my elderly parents house so it will be awhile before I can check it.
Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated, Not a lot of info on the web on this model unit.
LK
LK

Also, I have read on a couple of the threads that there are parts available for order from this site, where?
I have sequencer part# as 3115-3571
limit switch part#3400-3151
I need part # for blower motor and relay and elements, if anyone has them

Thanks for all the help
LK