limit switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

smartin1971

hey guys..
this is a goofy one..when im home all day my furnace seems to run okay except the fact the booster motor sometimes stays running after the furnace shuts down.(if i tap on the furnace the booster motor shuts off) today i go home at lunch and the blower is running (cold air ) coming out..i found that my limit switch was tripped so i pushed the red button and the furnace ignited and ran a normal cycle just fine.( this does not happen when i am home) i cant figure that part out. anyway can you give me an any idea or clue what may be causing this..last year i replaced several parts and was working fine until now..please help i cant stay home everyday..

thank you very much

Scott Martin
COLEMAN FURNACE# DGAT095ADC
DaleM

You need to replace the combustion motor relay. Do you have an A-coil under this furnace? If so, are the coils clean? There's a reason the furnace limits out, usually it's from a lack of air flow. If the A-coil is dirty that would cause it to limit out.
smartin1971

Dale
yes there is an Acoil on this unit..i will check and clean them if needed..can you give me the part number for the reley i need...thanks again

scott
smartin1971

can you give me the part number for the booster realy...thanks again
DaleM

I dont know the part number. You can pull the relay and there will be a part number on the labeling of it.
smartin1971

will this be the one on the left or the right when looking at the furnace..thanks again
DaleM

Could be either one. Use the schematic and trace the wiring back from the combustion motor.
smartin1971

will do..thanks so much again