coleman 3400A816 thermostat/sequencer ?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bigfoot

Hey guys,
I"ve been reading this forum for some time and need some clarification i guess.Our unit is heat only,no ac in a 1986 model mobile home.Problem started with unit going on and off average like three times within about two three minutes,third time running until t'stat temp reached.the wife and i came home one afternoon to findit cold and unit panel was warm.coils were heating up ,but no fan so coils would turn off.i bought a new t'stat from lowes-honeywell brand,able to run various units/setups.Had to call help line as to wiring it up.Rep told me to use R and W slots on wiring block.There is green wire and a white wire coming out of the wall.Rep told me if it didn't work one way switch the wires using same R and W slots.Got it to work fine for one day,had to reinstall old t'stat and now i have to manually turn unit on and off with the t'stat.i have replaced the fan motor few years ago and no problem with it.can run it with the toggle switch at the unit.could it be a sequencer problem ? very informative site,any help greatly appreciated,
'foot
DaleM

Sequencer is bad. Replace it.
bigfoot

Thank you very much DaleM. will post again when i get it installed.