DGAT090BDD - Blower Will Not Start

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

andyr78

Hello, I am having an issue with our furnace where the blower will not start. Everything appears to start normal until the blower is supposed to start and then I get 4 green flashes. I tried cleaning the filter and even taking off the front cover to try and create more airflow but I get the same 4 flashes when the blower is supposed to turn on. I am starting to lean towards the motor being bad, is there a way to find out for sure if the motor is bad?
Greg

Some blower motors have a standard 110v plug on them, if your's does simply plug it in to an extension cord.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
andyr78

I just checked and I didn't see anything like that. That would have been great if it did though.
andyr78

I was doing a little more research and found this part listed. Could this prevent the blower from starting?
http://www.bestbuyheatingandairconditio ... =P291-0753
Greg

A bad capacitor could cause the problem, If your's has one. Many blower motors are induction type with out a capacitor. There should be a fan switch on the unit that tells the blower the unit is hot and the fan to turn on, that could be bad also.
Sorry, I am not really well versed in the heating area so I can only give you general advise.

Greg
DaleM

Should be a fan override on your thermostat if you also have air conditioning as well. Look at the thermostat, if there is a heat/cool switch there should also be a fan switch. Move it to ON with the heat/cool switch in the HEAT position. Let us know what happens.
andyr78

Hi Dale, I tried turning the fan to ON with the heat/cool switch on heat, and nothing happened still.
Greg

I just did a little checking, your's looks like it does have a capacitor start motor. Use a meter to make sure you have power to the motor, if so try a capacitor first. they should not be too hard to find & cheaper than a motor.

Greg