Coleman Furnace coleman furnace dgaa056BDTA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

newusermobileheater

My furnace isn't working; Coleman, DGAA056BDTA

The furnace indicator flashes twice, which means it's saying the combustion air switch is stuck shut.

It doesn't ignite, there is no flame visible in the viewing window.

I've replaced the pressure switch/combustion air switch, which did not solve the problem and I still get 2 flashes, indicating it is stuck closed.

On the circuit board I notice one area with what appears to be overheating; it's apparently a slight burning of the board in a small area.

The induction motor is mounted to the right of the pressure switch which I replaced; it's mounted on the vent flue which goes to the roof and it'll be very difficult for me to reach 2 of the 4 screws. Do I need to get in there to do anything?

Hoping for any knowledgeable, helpful suggestions; I'm trying to do it myself so as to save money.
DaleM

That induction motor is actually called a combustion motor and that tube it is mounted on in the fresh air intake assembly. Does that motor start up?
newusermobileheater

DaleM wrote:That induction motor is actually called a combustion motor and that tube it is mounted on in the fresh air intake assembly. Does that motor start up?
I can feel the vibration there, so I think it's running. I can't see it as I can't get to 2 of the screws.

Thank you for correcting me on the "fresh air intake assembly" term.
DaleM

If the motor is running try switching the tubes on the pressure switch. Sometimes that will get it going.