Coleman EB Series Air Filter

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dd716ted

I have a Coleman EB Series (Downflow) furnace / cooling unit installed in my home. I have been experiencing dust problems for several years now and have noticed the following. When the throw-away filter is installed, there is an opening on the furnace case at the rear of the filter that allows unfiltered air to go directly into the unit. This opening is directly below the Blend Air outside fresh air inlet pipe. It is possible that dirty outside air is using this opening bypassing the filter and proceeding into the house vents. In the past I have tried using 2 filters that when installed cover a portion of this opening, but the furnace suction seems to collapse the filters even when they are new and clean. I have included a picture to show what I am talking about.. What should I do??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

The easiest solution would be good ole duct tape. You could pop rivet a small sheet metal patch to cover it also.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."