Dgaa070dbta - lights, indicator normal, lukewarm air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ZenFury

Indicator is solid, strong flame, fan starts up, good airflow at both ends of house (it's located dead center of house) but only blows room temperature air. Last night when it said 65 I set it to 71 and woke up to 60. This afternoon jumped it all the way to 77 and its hovered around 63-65 depending on how many candles I've got going to keep it warm in here.
DaleM

If you are sure about the burner flame being correct, you may have a bad baffle in the heat exchanger. Pull the burner assembly and reach up in the heat exchanger to be sure the baffle is still in place. It is located about 16" above the burner assembly opening. It should be tight in place in there. I have seen some where the rivets holding them rust away and the baffle falls or tilts. This allows too much heat to escape out of the heat exchanger and you end up short changed on heat as most of it goes out the roof jack.