coleman bpch0301ba blower

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

staceyab

Got up this morning and could feel cold air at the vents, but it wasn't actually blowing out. The fan on the outside is working normally. After being off for an hour or so, it started blowing again. This wasn't the case when I turned it off and back on first thing. I'm thinking relay, or motor getting too hot. We checked all the duct work and it's all in place. Any advice or experience would be helpful. I don't want to replace the motor if the relay is the more common problem and vica versa. Thanks
Greg

Hi & welcome. It's a tough call without actually seeing what is happening. If it starts when you first start it in the morning and runs until the motor warms up from running then shuts off, I would guess an internal breaker in the motor (try cleaning the vents on the motor first). If it does not start first thing in the morning look towards a relay.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
staceyab

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Whatever happened, it happened overnight as the unit was on. So far, it's continued to blow today. It's been extremely hot here the past two days. I'll definately check the vents. I didn't know that the motor has an internal breaker, this is good news!, I'm assuming it resets. That would make sense. Thanks again for such a quick response. Hopefully my problem is solved and it was just an over worked blower. If not, I know where to go for help.