Coleman 7956 856 fan problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kim_ofall_trades

I have a Coleman Presidential gas furnace (that is not being used) with a/c in my mobile home...model number 7956-856. I am not the orignal owner of the mobile home so do not have the manual. The furnace has not been used in the last 2 yrs since I've had it and I've only run the a/c. When I started using the a/c this year it was fine, then the fan started to keep running after the outside unit stopped periodically. Now the fan keeps running 95% of the time unless I hit that top box. When I do that, the fan shuts off until the outside unit starts again but keeps running after it shuts off....unless I hit it. I need help with which part I need to replace to fix this problem. I've read alot and have been told it is the fan switch but want to make sure what I need before I order the part. Also been looking for the right filter for this unit. I think I've found it.....foam filter that covers full inside of top cover with filter racks to hold it. Does this sound correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm learning as I go :) Thanks, Kim
DaleM

The filter sounds right. That top box????? Are you referring to abox that has 2 switches on it, Fan-ON and AUTO and System-HEAT and COOL, center position OFF. If that's the case the fan relay is hanging up and you need to replace it.
kim_ofall_trades

The top box I was referring to is the metal one on side of the unit, by the blower with wires going to it. When opened it has 4 modules (?) in it with the wires connected to them. I said top box because their is one that looks similiar lower down (at the bottom of the top removable door) that has the on/off swith on top of it. That's the box I hit to make the fan shut off....I hope I'm explaining it right. I could take pictures after work if that would help. Thanks so much for helping!!!