Coleman 7900 Series

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Indians

Can anyone tell me if there is an condensation tube on this furnace? If there is can you tell me were I might find it? The furnace is right outside our bedroom and when we wake up in the mornings and walk out to the hallway there is a smell. And it is right by the furnace. I can't even describe it. Tried changing the traps and that didn't work. I have checked for a dead mouse nothing...! The mobile home repair guy couldn't even figure it out. (But he didn't look that hard either...) Or any other suggestions?

Thanks
hvac1000

Please provide the model number on your unit not the series number.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Indians

Sorry about that...thought I put the model # in....

Model # is 7975c856

What about the roof vent...could that be causing this?

Man I wish Mark was... oh lets see... 3 to 3 1/2 hours south...LOL
Mark
Site Admin

Do you mean the tube that comes from the drain pan underneath the a-coil? Yes, all furnaces need that tube. It generally runs straight down and should drain to the outside of the home (not underneath).

If its not draining, you might get a smell from the standing water (plus your probably getting water in your ductwork and maybe on the floors or in the belly).

A crawl underneath the home will tell you if the pipe is hanging below the belly (and hopefully not in the belly -- that would smell also).

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!