Coleman to a Ruud

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

Has anyone replaced thier coleman evcon with a ruud furnace? I'm getting mine replaced monday after thousands of dollars in repairs I'm finally scrapping it. I do think I'm going to take out the booster motor, circuit board, flame sensor, and ignitor. (all things that go bad) and find someone to give them too. (What I would really like to do is give them to a charity and write them off next year.
archive

If you have a mobile home you have to use a furnace rated for use in a mobile home. To the best of my knowledge Rudd/Rhem does not make a furnace listed for use in a mobile home. there will be a tag in the door of the furnace and if it does not specifically say mobile home you cannot use it by law. If it says manufactured home you still cannot use it.

Insurance has been know to be canceled after a fire or other problem when non listed equipment is in a mobile home. There is a reason for the differences in furnaces and where they can be used. Just thought I would mention that fact.