little to no heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Ottonsue

I have a Coleman furance, model DGAA077BDTA the furnace is running and blower is running. Steady green light, and I have a flame. But not alot of heat. My thermostat is a Hunter Model 44100B. its reading 68 and I have it set for 80. New batteries are in it. I have it set to heat with the fan on auto. Any ideas?
Ottonsue

I just replaced my thermostat and still not alot of heat
WoodyUSSLUCE

Have you checked the ductwork to see if you have any leaks ? Do you have a strong airflow out of the registers ?
Ottonsue

I have a strong airflow from my registers, just alot cooler than it should be.
flcruising

Gas valve or partially clogged orifice may be not allowing the flame to reach optimal range.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
dayzrnew

flcruising wrote:Gas valve or partially clogged orifice may be not allowing the flame to reach optimal range.
Last Winter season I had this same problem and I also have a Coleman. I noticed that my flame was not going full flame like usual. Well cause im no Professional when it comes to H/C I had to call out the furnace guy and learned a HUGE lesson from this. During the summer I would shut off my gas to the furnace and a very small cobweb was blocking my orifice and lets just say the bill came to 170.00 for one little lousy cobweb to be removed. Lesson learned. But what the original poster was saying so reminds of the same problem I was having. Hope this may help them in finding out what is wrong with their furnace. Just wanted to put in my 170.00 worth-LOL.
DaleM

My suggestion is as above: check main burner oriface for spider web.