EB12B - Will not shut off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ALowe336

I have been working on this thing for a while, but I don't know much about HVAC, but I work with electronics all the time. The furnace gets warm, not quite hot (but since I've been working on it, I don't think I've left it running long enough to get hot), and the fan runs constantly. I know that the attic fan for the Deluxe Blend Air II is bad because the alarm has gone off, but I don't know if this would cause the heat to run constantly. I've tried adjusting the thermostat to OFF, AUTO, HEAT, and COOL, but with no luck. The only way to cut off the furnace is by using the breaker. I'm about to try unplugging the thermostat to see if that makes any difference, but I don't think it would since turning it OFF did not work.

I'm taking a wild guess based on the posts I've read and saying that the problem is probably the relay or possible the sequencer, but this is just a guess. Could someone please help?

I also have a question about the Deluxe Blend Air II. I troubleshooted it and the attic fan is definitely bad, but I think there may be other problems. When checking the voltage coming from the wiring harness that connects the upper and lower control board, all of the voltages, except between the red and black, are half what they should be, and the voltage to the damper motor is half what it should be. Could this be caused by a short in the attic fan, or do I have multiple problems going on with the blend air system?
Adam Lowe - Knack of all trades: computers, plumbing, carpentry, accounting, finance, electronics, etc.