Deluxe Blend Air II Humming noise

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Brent.collins

Hi

I have a 10 year old Coleman Deluxe Blend Air 2 7681-8171/B heater that has developed a humming noise. I opened up the lower controller box and I believe the humming is coming from the transformer (see attached pics), its below the controller board. Also, on the controller board, there are 2 or 3 resistors (I think thats what they are) that are burning the control board and too hot to touch.

Just wondering if this is something I can do on my own and can you direct me to where I can get the replacement parts?

Thank you for any help, I have not worked on this heater before. The heater does still work, but I have a feeling its about to fail.

Please see attached pics, I hope this provides more detail...

Here are the numbers on the transformer:

4000 01v8BB39 2940-354
PRI-120VAC sec-24 vac
50/60 hz 300-1G
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

The model number you gave was for the Deluxe Blend Air system, which is an add-on fresh-air system to your furnace. To find the model number to your furnace, remove the doors and look for a tag. I'll be able to easily tell you which transformer you need once I know the model number.

We do sell those parts for the circuit board if you think changing them will help. Call us and ask for Keith.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
bodhidharman

Thanks for your nice information. :lol:
[url=http://www.the-village.in/attached-villas.html]Attached Villas[/url]