Need help with wiring

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

FCHCS

I am trying to repair a Coleman model 7956-856 furnace. I am school trained and have been working in the field part time for about a year. One of the most important things that I have learned is that I DO NOT know it all, that is why I am asking for help. I donate my HVAC time through local churches to low income families. Most of the work that I have done is simply clean up and minor repairs. When doing repairs I have always used OEM. When I was asked to work on this furnace I was very surprised that it evan ran. The end of the blower motor wiring plug has been cut off as has the wiring harness coming out of the control box. A blower control box has been added (Mortex 89-2103-05B 2 wire control pkg) and a spark ignition has also been added (Honeywell universal intermittent pilot module S8610U). The home owner explained that a tech had come in at the beginning of the summer and got the a/c running and now the furnace will not work. I am not familiar with the add ons since they are not OEM. Can anyone offer any suggestions? If nothing else I would like to just get the furnace running for now but eventually I would like to get the unit back to the way is was designed. For the most part the unit is in good shape, just a real wiring mess.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

You can find a wiring diagram for the original furnace here: http://www.hvacmanuals.com/store/produc ... ies-Manual

If you are doing this for a needy family, e-mail me and I'll get you a copy of the manual for free.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!