Centrifugal Switch Stuck

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

micki310

Hi there: I have a Coleman Furnace Model DGAT056BDD that has a green flashing light saying the centrifugal switch is stuck...How the heck do I "unstick" it? The air conditioning part of it was working just fine all summer, but when I went to turn the heat on, nothing happened. Please help, I'm a grandma with grandkids here and I need heat for them, it's getting cold. Thanks so much.
Greg

I'll move this to the Coleman heating section.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

The centrifugal switch is built into the booster motor. Once it sticks you have to replace the motor. Part number for your furnace is 7990-317P/A, which you can see and order here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... ster-motor

Thanks,
Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Goldwinger07

I too am having this very same issue and I have already replaced booster motor but the green light is still flashing twice. Could someone give me some direction into to what to be looking for now ?
Thanks
Randy
Mark
Site Admin

Randy,

In your case perhaps the centrifugal switch is doing it's job? Could be a sign of something plugging the airways, a problem with the chimney or perhaps even a cracked heat exchanger. Clean and check everything.

Also be sure your blower wheel is tight on the booster motor.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!