The fan on My Coleman Mobile home furnace is acting weird.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

renee1977

I have a old Coleman Mobile Hom Furnace Model #7763 Series 856 . The piolet light works and it does goes on with out a problem but the fan won't stay going . It tries to come on and I hear a hum coming from the fan. I can start to move it and it will go for a bit like for 20 sec but not to much longer then that. Then every once iin a great while it will come on on its own but that doesnt happen much at all. When the fan does come on I can feel the heat coming thru the vents on the floor but it wont stay going to get my home warm. I have turned up the thermostat all the way up as far as it will go which is also old( IDK where to find the model number for that) but that doesnt seem to work either. I dont really know what Im looking at when I take off the cover for the thermostat so I dont know what any of that means, sorry. Its a rectangle Honeywell thermostat. I have tried looking it up on line but cant find anything but a pic there and no info. So I dont know if that is a problem or if it is the furnace. Its getting colder at nights and we need heat. please help me and my family warm up. If there is any wuestions then feel free to ask but remember that I am very furnace iliterit(sp?) so if you say something please let me know what youre taking about or what it l;ooks like . thank you and I hope to hear something very very soon. Thank you.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

I assume your modeln umber is 7663-856? Do you use this furnace for heat only, or does it also blow the cold air for your air condioner? I'm trying to determine which motor you have, and if that motor has a run capacitor or not.

Thanks,
Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!