Coleman DGAA070BDTA Not lighting up

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DASARO

I know NOTHING about furnaces but I know that this furance gets serviced twice a year becasue the lady I bought it from said it did and it has a service record on posted on it. I bought it from a lady that bought trailer new and of course I didn't check the furnace when I handed her the check. The Air was cold and I was happy. Now winter is very near and I need to look into this.

When I turn the TS on the furnace sounds if it is cycling. Then it shuts down and I get 2 flashes. 2 flashes according to the information means. Combustion Air Switch Failed to Close.

My second issue is when I look at the board where the 5 little blue barrel looking things are at looks orange or maybe a burnt color around them. Anyway it doesn't look like the rest of the board.

Suggestions?

Dan
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

If the problem is worn-out parts (and not a plugged airway or cracked heat exchanger), then there's probably 1 of 2 parts that you need. When you first turn the thermostat on, you should hear the booster motor running. If it's not running, it may have taken on some moisture over the summer and got some rust in it, so replace it. You can see that part here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... oster-assy

If the booster motor is running, then the pressure switch may stuck. That replacement part is here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... ure-switch

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
DASARO

Ok, it just hums, so I took that black plastic cover off and could see the little fan, touched it with a pencil and it took off, but sounded like the bearings were shot, squealed like a pig. So with very little experiance with electric motors I can relate to this like my heater fan in my pickup.

So If I order the booster assy. How do I replace it when it arrives? Video I hope.

Dan
DASARO

I forgot it did quit the squeal after about 30 seconds and then the glow came into view and antoher 30 seconds or so the the furnace lit up and then the blower came on. So it does work, but I think best that the assy be replaced.

Dan
Mark
Site Admin

With the booster motor spinning, your furnace will run. But if its squealing and making noise, who knows how long it'll keep running. We don't yet have a video for replacing this part. It's not the easiest part to replace either as you have to go to the bottom of it and remove/loosen those parts to give room to slide it down.

Mark
DASARO

Thanks for your help! I will get the part ordered and one day before it quits working I will replace it. I hope. LOL

Is there anything else that generally goes when this part goes, don't want to be tearing it down twice when I could do it once.

Thanks again!

Dan
Mark
Site Admin

As long as the hoses are good you should be fine. Someday you'll probably have to replace the pressure switch, as those seem to go out every few years too.

Mark