HELP PLEASE !! COLEMAN DGAA708BDTA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pdl2

Have a Coleman furnace, model #DGAA708BDTA. The past 4 or 5 years, when we go to start the furnace for the first time, it acts like it wants to start but it wont. There is a black cover on what looks like a vent pipe with 2 orange hoses attached to the pressure switch ( ? ). I take off the cover, and using a screwdriver, nudge the little fan that is inside the vent pipe, and it has worked before. Yesterday, doing the same thing a got a spark and a pop, and now I dont hear any humming noise when the furnace should be trying to turn on. So, what is the part that I apparently shorted out and how much does it cost? Also, how do you remove it??? I don't know any trustworthy furnace people to call and I'm afraid it will cost a fortune. Hoping somebody here can help. I get 2 lights from the diagnostics, (before I shorted it out )

Thanks,
pdl2
Mark
Site Admin

Sounds like the booster assembly finally died. Part # 373-19801-821. Can be seen here: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... oster-assy
You can't fail if you don't try!
pdl2

So how difficult is it to replace the booster assembly?? I talked to a local guy and he tried to sell me one for $329.00 and said it was probably too difficult for me to try. When everything is hooked back up, will the pilot self light? or will I need to light it?? I have seen other people talk about turning the fan by hand every season, is there a best way to do this? I take the black cover off of the booster assembly and nudge it with a screwdriver. Should you take the whole assembly out to do this? Did I short the assembly out by using a metal screwdriver? I have done it the same way the last 3-4 years. Seems like a poor design to have to turn the motor every season.

Thanks
pdl2
Mark
Site Admin

With the power off, removing the black box and nudging it with a screwdriver may be enough to get it unstuck and running. If you are having to do that every year, you are getting moisture in there during the summer and its causing some rust. Eventually it'll need to be replaced. To replace you need to loosen/remove the items below so the tube will come down and out.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!