coleman/evcon DGAT 070BDC , no power to the combustion motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jalm

THe green light is blinking 3 times, on the chart that means cen. switch stuck open.. So I turn it off and hook the 2 wires together. Turn it back on then get the 2 lights blinking. Meaning cen switch stuck closed. So I then turn the power on , wait alittle before I hook the wires together , then it will finally click and light up. It has no codes when it is doing that. All the time my combustion blower has no power going to it at all. In years past I always had to give it a spin by finger the first time I would turn the furnace on. But it was always buzzing and wanting to spin . Now it has nothing and i checked its wires and theres no power. Where should its too black wires get its power from?
Mark
Site Admin

Hooking wires together on the Centrifugal switch won't get the booster motor going. Spinning the motor may work the first couple seasons, but eventually the rust will take over and it's time for a new booster motor.

Here you can see the booster motor for your furnace: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... ster-motor

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
jalm

Just checked it all again. Here is the info.. In may of this year I bought a new circuit board from you guys. Made the AC work all summer. Now I am trying to get the hear on. I checked the centrifigal switch with a tester and when you click it up and down it works. The blower motor spins good when hooked to a wall socket. It sucks the switch up and down when it runs. The 2 black wires that go to that blower motor of the circuit board never have power. Is there something that triggers that to get power ?? thanks
Mark
Site Admin

The 2 black wires to the booster motor get power from the control board. Be sure you have 24-26 volts going into the board from the transformer. If you do, possibly the board has gone defective and we can take care of that under the warranty assuming there's no moisture damage or such on the board.
You can't fail if you don't try!