Make: Coleman / Model: DGAT070BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Cord

My Furnace is not producing heat. It acts as if it wants to kick on but never actually automaticly engages. When I turn the thermostat to the on position the furnace will engage but does not produce hot air.

After researching a bit on this site I found that it has an indicator. I checked the indicator which does having a flashing light, it flashed 3 time in a row then pauses and repeats which according to the legend means "centrifugal switch stuck in open position". I then checked the pilot light viewing window I do not see any fire or light in the window and followed the instructions to relight which did not work either.

In my limited knowledge I believe a centrifugal switch operates using the centrifugal force to start the motor, my problem here is the motor still starts to engage the AC unit. After all this research I am still at a loss and an pretty unsure what I should be looking at.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as the cold is coming and I want to get a jump on the problem before to long.
dzimmer

I have seen this on mine at times and I think it is the blower for the combustion air that is the problem. Look to thr right of the BIG blower motor for a smaller motor, in that housing is the centrifical switch. tap on it and see if it frees it up, I had to take mine apart once and clean it but most of the time a tap will take care of it.

GOOD LUCK
Cord

Thank you so much this worked perfectly, I almost had to call someone I am very thankfull
dzimmer

Glad it worked!