coleman evcon 7956c856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tony44470

i have a coleman evcon 7956c856 runs on propane and no air conditioner just heat. when i came home from work in middle summer (around 90 degrees out)my furnace blower was running i had to shut off at toggle switch inside furnace... i have replaced fan switch,and the transformer. the burners work when i turn on thermostat just blower doesnt stop.
could it be the toggle switch ? or thermostat ?
Bill

Hi and welcome,
It sounds to me like it is your fan relay. This is a pretty simply part to replace. Here is a link for the part and a nice video on how a relay works
http://www.hvacpartstore.com/2426.html
You can send in your relay and they guys at hvacpartstore can even test it to see if that is the broken part. That way you don't have to by a part you don't need. Also if you think that its your thermostat that is making your fan run you check that by just disconnecting the thermostat from the furnace and watching to see if the fan stops running.
Hope this helps
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
tony44470

ok i disconnected thermostat and blower still runs so i guess that not it. i am looking for the relay and cant find anything that looks like that. is it located in the blower itsef?
i found a round switch on top with red reset button.
Bill

Hi
When you take the door off your furnace, in about the middle of the furnace and on the right hand side there is a cover, under the cover there is Limit Switch, transformer, Fan Switch, and
a Booster Relay.
I hope this helps you out. let me know
Bill
tony44470

i don't see any cover to take off... the transformer i changed is a footmount type (Coleman Transformer 120 24 volt 7945-355 BE130915GEK) the fan switch is small round (HF110DC REPLACES COLEMAN FAN SWITCH 7975-3281) there is another round switch beside the fan switch. on the left is a wire harness looking thing, has a toggle switch and up by the blower is a switch with a red reset button.
1987Commodore

Does the fan shut off by itself when the temp drops? I had an older Miller furnace, where there was an opening around the exhaust stack that let hot air down through from the "attic" into the furnace compartment.
On hot days it would be enough to trip a temp switch and turn on the fan.
Bill

Hi ,
Did you replace the Fan limit switch on the blower. It look like this(follow the link)
http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -7624A3591
It does not look like your blower has a run capacitor so thats not it. It might be the toggle switch.
Thanks
Bill
kjwalkman

ok i disconnected thermostat and blower still runs so i guess that not it. i am looking for the relay and cant find anything that looks like that. is it located in the blower itsef?
i found a round switch on top with red reset button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fashion jewelry
pearls jewelry
crystal jewellery