Coleman Evcon 4431a901 won't come on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

scoyt

Hello all. I have a Coleman Evcon Model number 4431a901 that won't do anything. I checked the voltage coming in to the unit, and it seems to be good. The only problem I can find is that there is a 24volt transformer that has nothing coming out of it. It has 120v going in, but nothing coming out. I unhooked the wires that went to it, and no difference. Is it possible that transformer has gone bad? Thanks in advance.
scoyt

Wooooooooooooopppppsssssss! I guess I need to check to make sure I have 220v going in, instead of 120v! I flipped the breaker back and forth a couple times, and guess what!! IT WORKS NOW!! Haha. Oh well, I guess I needed to have it off for a while to appreciate how nice it is to have it on. Thank yall.
Bill

Hi,
Sounds like you got it all under control. If i could just add one thing, make sure that you clean the outdoor unit. By doing this it makes the a/c work better and will last longer. What i like to do is use a garden hose and just let the water come out at normal pressure and just work my way from the top of the unit to the bottom. If you get the cotton floating around like I do it will make a difference on the performance of the unit.
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.